Are you sick of repeating yourself?
I hear you! There is nothing worse than not being heard. Or feeling misunderstood or worse still: ignored.
We often underestimate the power of listening
To be seen and heard is very important for children. Listening when it's done right is truly transformational and healing.
Listening in a Smiley way is how I create rapport (connection) with my clients and this is what makes coaching work. Connection in this way takes some learning and some practise. It's not like every-day listening.
I'm talking about REAL listening
* Listening with your body, mind and soul.
* Listening without waiting for your turn to speak.
* Listening to what's not being said.
Getting comfortable with the silence
Being in the silence with somebody you love who is metaphorically holding your hand through your thoughts and feelings is like magic. Listening is not responding and sometimes there isn't anything to say. There is something to be or to learn or to feel.
Children cannot always express their thoughts and feelings in a way that we understand so let's have a look at that together and see how you can become a safe space for them to share, reflect and figure it out for themselves.
In this mini training, you and I will do a little Smiley coaching together to integrate what us coaches call 'active listening' into your communication repertoire. It's so powerful.
The more you listen, the more you will notice the impact it has on your child and your relationship with them. You will get:-
- A Soul Searching Work booklet with thought provoking questions to get you thinking and writing whilst you watch the Master Class
- A 60 minute 'How to Listen with Love' Master Class which:
~ shares some useful listening techniques and how you can implement them
~ what to say and what not to say
~ when to talk and when to listen
~ how to create an environment conducive to problem solving
~ examine your obstacles to truly listening
- The Energy Pod Love Class: 45 minutes of Smiley coaching where you and your child will also have fun learning about what love looks like specifically for your family (every family is different), so you can listen with love in a way that works for you.
Special Bonus Features
~ additional reading recommendations and resources
~ a super helpful list of useful words and phrases so you can make listening with love actually happen with your child
~ a quick and easy Smiley technique for returning to calm when you lose it (because I know this happens when you feel like people are ignoring you or you've had to ask 10 times)
This mini training course is for you if ...
- you feel unheard or frustrated
- you feel as if your child isn't co-operating
- you rush in and fix what your child is struggling with (instead of letting them figure it out for themselves)
- you want to help your child increase their emotional resilience
- your child is finding it hard to share
- your child is struggling to be accountable or tell the truth
- your child is struggling with something and can't seem to move beyond it
- you want to improve your communication skills or brush up your emotional coaching skills (wow parents have so many hates nowadays)
- you are exhausted by your child's emotional outbursts and don't know how to respond to them
- you notice how you project your fears onto situations or you see your child as ill-equipped or unable to deal with situations without you