Do you ever think: 'This is so frickin' hard ....'
'Why don't people tell you how hard it is?!'
Do you feel like your child has stopped listening to you?
Are you sick of repeating yourself? Do you question that you might not be doing it properly?
At some point, every parent asks this question because there is no One-Size-Fits-All-Bootcamp for raising children. There are a few fundamentals though which I want to share with you (Smiley's best kept secrets).
Want to take your lovely parenting self by the hand and lead her to pastures calmer?
- feeling confident and reassured that you're doing it the 'right' way,
- learning step by step the easy way to get back in the driving seat, refocusing on what matters most and not getting caught up in he daily grind?
Get Smiley’s easy + practical coaching plan to develop your own personal parenting blueprint that works for your family!
Welcome to my step-by-step practical guide for parents who want to build their family on the solid foundations of unconditional love and respect. I know that you want to consciously nurture a strong healthy bond with your child, so both of you can grow up CONFIDENT and HAPPY.
It's not about learning more parenting techniques. I know you don't want more stress and more to dos to add to your ever growing list. Nope.
This quick and easy challenge – you simply do one small action a day and refocus your attention on your relationship with your child. When you put your attention consistently where it matters most for small pockets of time, the results are shockingly transformational. It's a very practical way to re-establish family harmony and create new healthy habits.
Tried and tested by lovely busy Mums like you!
What are you searching for?
Lots of families come to me for coaching because they are searching for something. They don’t know what it is but they know something is distinctly ‘off’. They know this because they are arguing a lot or angry with each other.
What is it they have lost? Their gloves? Their homework? Their toothbrush? All of the above probably ;-) Actually, what these families lost is their connection with each other. This can be returned with a sprinkle of Smiley coaching to prioritise your relationship and nurture it back to harmony.
Connection is the emotional bond you have with your child.
It represents the unique and special relationship you share.
Think of it like this: when you are connected you are giving your child a permanent invisible hug that holds them safely and loves them even when you are not there.
When you take small steps to connect with your child every day, they become full of love and happiness. When your child is loved up, they feel good about themselves and they respond more positively to the world around them (including discipline and learning). A family who is connected is a happy family. Once you have this concept firmly rooted in your head, everything becomes about connection - - THE RELATIONSHIP.
The relationship you have with your child is the template for all their future relationships
I believe up until the age of 7, when your child’s sense of self is formed, you’re the biggest influence in their life. After that, it will take more time to unpick the patterns of relating and create new habits. But it CAN BE DONE. And it MUST be – what could be more important than that? You may have to run the 30 day cycle more than once, that’s all. Once we’ve completed it together, you’ll know what to do.
Do you want to find a way to connect like this? Imagine being able to style out parenting YOUR way.
Without keeping up with the Jones' or feeling like you have to know it all or do it all perfectly.
Imagine the FREEDOM that brings! The freedom to be yourself.
I’m going to show you how how easy it is.
I’ve created this quick and easy guide which you can dip in and out of. It's broken down into bite-sized chunks so you can actually do a little bit every day. Think: small tweaks, big differences (you don't need to chuck the baby out with the bath water. Sometimes just being aware of something or seeing a situation differently can make a huge difference).
This is for you if you're ....
- - fed up of repeating yourself and have become a bit of a shouty-ranty pants (who wouldn't - it's so annoying when nobody takes any notice)
- - feeling overwhelmed and finding it difficult to navigate the emotional waters of Mummydom
- - feel like you really want change - you want to do things differently but are feeling stuck or uncertain
- - obsessively worrying about your child and the struggles you see them faced with
- - tired of or totally anti old school parenting approaches and are looking for something new
- - feeling unappreciated, put upon and wondering why you ever signed up for this gig in the first place (yep we all have days like that)
This is for you if you have a child whom ....
- - gets clingy and doesn't like being apart from you
- - shouts or hits you when things aren't going according to plan
- - is strong-willed and will frequently get locked into a power struggle
- - won't go to sleep without you there
- is defiant or repeatedly up to mischief to get your attention
What sort of challenges does the book cover?
It will include: love languages, empathy, boundaries, punishment, power struggles, anger, bedtime, screens, quality time, active listening, praise, gratitude, emotional regulation, worries, mindfulness, independence, chores & responsibility, whinging (yours and theirs!), perfectionism and more.
What you will get ...
In this step-by-step portable guide, you and I will do a little Smiley coaching together to integrate connection into your parenting repertoire. You will get:
- My 37 page eBook with a step-by-step guide to make connection parenting part of your family
- A Smiley-Ometer, so you can note down your learnings and track what works and what doesn't
- Two bonus videos to help you on your way
* Bonus Video 1 is about how to work out your love languages, why you need them, the different types of love languages and how they are super useful for parenting.
* Bonus Video 2 is about love languages and anger. This one is a must see if you find it hard to deal with your own anger or your child's.
This day-by-day approach will mean that through repetition, you will internalise all this new stuff (there is no change without action). The more you do it, the more you will notice the POSITIVE impact it has on your kids. You can read a bit and put it down while you are waiting on the school run or at swimming club. It will come with you and be your trusty go to guide.